Friday, July 1, 2011

The adventure begins


Welcome back to our blog!

I have dusted off the keyboard and resurrected this website so that I can chronicle herein our experiences in New Zealand! Thanks to the National Science Foundation and some hard work, Garrett is doing research this summer (or winter) at the University of Auckland. He has been there since the beginning of June, and I leave tomorrow, July 1st, to join him. I'll be there for five weeks, and I plan on posting comments and photos as often as possible. Garrett has my camera, so you'll have to wait a few days for pictures... but you're probably not interested in photos of airports!

As of this afternoon, I am mostly packed. Despite my interest in minimalism (documented elsewhere on this blog), I plan on taking more than just a backpack and deodorant. I think I am adequately supplied to face the New Zealand winter.

I am somewhat nervous about the 13-hour flight from Los Angeles to Auckland. However, I hope that my books, iPod, and some melatonin will see me through to the other side.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun. I am confident that you will make it through that 13 hr. flight. JCB