Monday, September 8, 2008

Under the bridge downtown is where I rode my bike

Garrett and I have been itching to buy ourselves some bikes, for transportation and fitness and hipness reasons. This weekend it finally came to pass. We made many trips to assorted bike shops, where we were forced to ponder the racket that is the bicycle business. (A used bike for $400? No thanks!) At last, at of all places Toys 'R Us, we found our happy Huffy bikes -- which didn't cost an arm and a leg -- more like a mere pinky toe.

We went for a ride this morning, through the surrounding neighborhoods...


...and down by the bayou! Yes, by and by, we live by a bayou! Behold the Braes Bayou.

It was a very pleasant ride. We are entering the Houston fall when it is not chilly, per se, but "less hot." We glimpsed many a fish in the bayou, which were trying desperately but fruitlessly to swim upstream. We also glimpsed the backs of many a hospital at the Texas Medical Center. I'd like to think that if we ever slipped and fell into the bayou, someone from a hospital would take notice. Can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look "way cool" on your Huffy Bikes. I had a similar problem with sticker shock when I bought my last bicycle.
Janet