Friday, April 30, 2010

Making it official


Rice recently opened up a shiny, new gym facility. Thoughts of the upcoming summer caused me to wonder if I, somehow, could have access to such riches. A few e-mails and a few weeks later, Garrett and I found ourselves at the Rice police station, making it official. I am now the proud owner of a Rice Spouse ID card! This means I can access, among other things, the gym and the library at Rice. Woohoo! "Domestic Partner" was the phrase Garrett chose when filling out the form -- it was he who had to sign off on the card and swear that he would assume financial responsibility for any damages or fines I may incur while assuming my Rice identity. Afterwards we tossed around other phrases, such as "Sugar Mama of Garrett Grolemund" or "Personal Servant of Garrett Grolemund." The ID is valid for one year, so we have plenty of time to brainstorm.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mazel tov!

Amanda said...

Schnookems? Shmoopie? Mujer de la noche? Private dancer (this could be on your military ID as well)? Boo? Incredibly, these are the ones I deemed blog-appropriate.